The Early Decision deadline is November 1 and applicants receive their admissions decision mid-December. Early Decision is binding, so those accepted are obligated to matriculate to Penn. The Regular Decision deadline is January 5 and applicants receive their decision by April 1. Applicants accepted during Regular Decision, or those deferred from Early Decision and accepted in Regular Decision, have until May 1 to accept our offer of admission. For more information, please refer to our website.
Articles in this section
- We are asked to write a thank-you note in the first Penn supplemental short-answer prompt. As part of this requirement, do we have to share the note with that person and reflect on it? Or is that optional?
- Why are the recommendation requirements on the Common App different than what is indicated on your website? What are your recommendation requirements?
- What does Penn look for in its first year applicants?
- What are the requirements to apply to Penn?
- What are the deadlines to apply to Penn as a first year student?
- Where can I find statistics on the admitted class?
- What is the acceptance rate for first year applicants?
- Can I apply Early Decision to Penn and apply to other schools?
- Will my financial aid be different if I apply Early Decision vs. Regular Decision?
- I applied Early Decision and was deferred, am I still bound to attend Penn if admitted later?