We look for students who aspire to develop and refine their talents and abilities within Penn’s liberal arts-based, practical, and interdisciplinary learning environment. Our ideal candidates are inspired to emulate our founder Benjamin Franklin by applying their knowledge in “service to society” to our community, the city of Philadelphia, and the wider world. To best understand prospective students’ paths through Penn, we approach applications holistically and with great care.
Articles in this section
- How should applicants use the additional information sections of the Common Application and Coalition application? What are some examples of cases in which the admissions committee might find additional information helpful?
- What should I do if I do not have access to a counselor?
- What does Penn look for in its first year applicants?
- What are the requirements to apply to Penn?
- What are the deadlines to apply to Penn as a first year student?
- Where can I find statistics on the admitted class?
- What is the acceptance rate for first year applicants?
- Can I apply Early Decision to Penn and apply to other schools?
- Will my financial aid be different if I apply Early Decision vs. Regular Decision?
- I applied Early Decision and was deferred, am I still bound to attend Penn if admitted later?