Portfolios are not recommended or required outside of students applying to the Digital Media and Design program or transfer applicants to Architecture. Most students who are admitted to Penn do not submit supplemental materials. All of the information that we feel is crucial in making an admission decision is included within our required documents. If you feel there is information essential to your application which was not able to be captured within the required documents, please visit our Supplementary Materials page learn more.
Articles in this section
- Why are students applying for the College of Arts and Sciences, Penn Nursing, and Wharton not asked to indicated their major on the application?
- Where do I select my intended major on my application?
- We are asked to write a thank-you note in the first Penn supplemental short-answer prompt. As part of this requirement, do we have to share the note with that person and reflect on it? Or is that optional?
- Why are the recommendation requirements on the Common App different than what is indicated on your website? What are your recommendation requirements?
- Where can I find the contact information for my admission officer?
- What does Penn look for in its first year applicants?
- What are the requirements to apply to Penn?
- What are the deadlines to apply to Penn as a first year student?
- Where can I find statistics on the admitted class?
- What is the acceptance rate for first year applicants?