Applying to Penn
Tours and Information Sessions
- How can I switch the date of my tour or information session?
- What should I do if my group is running late?
- How do I cancel my visit?
- Does Penn maintain a waitlist for visit programming?
- How do I request a group visit?
- Do you have a self-guided tour so I can explore campus on my own?
Penn Applicant Portal
First Year Application
- We are asked to write a thank-you note in the first Penn supplemental short-answer prompt. As part of this requirement, do we have to share the note with that person and reflect on it? Or is that optional?
- Why are the recommendation requirements on the Common App different than what is indicated on your website? What are your recommendation requirements?
- What does Penn look for in its first year applicants?
- What are the requirements to apply to Penn?
- What are the deadlines to apply to Penn as a first year student?
- Where can I find statistics on the admitted class?
- How can my recommender submit a letter of recommendation?
- Where can I find requirements and deadlines for transfer admission?
- Are there specific requirements I need to meet in order to be eligible to transfer to Penn?
- When will I receive a credit evaluation to see which of my classes will transfer to Penn?
- How do I submit my transfer application college report?
- How do I submit my transfer application mid-term report?
- How do I apply for financial aid?
- How do I submit financial aid documents?
- When will I learn how much financial aid I am receiving?
- How can I learn how much aid I might receive?
- How do I access the Penn Financial Aid Supplement (PFAS)?
- My financial aid forms were submitted after the deadline. Does that mean I will not receive financial aid?
Coordinated Dual Degree (CDD) Programs
- Can I apply to more than one Coordinated Dual Degree (CDD) program?
- How does Early Decision work for Coordinated Dual Degrees (CDDs)? Can I apply Early Decision to a CDD, but Regular Decision to a single degree?
- Does it hurt my chances for my single degree if I am not admitted to a Coordinated Dual Degree (CDD)? Is there a competitive advantage or disadvantage to applying to a CDD?
- May I submit ACT or SAT scores after the testing deadlines?
- What should I do if I am unable to see my test scores in my Common App PDF?
- What is the required testing to apply to Penn?
- Is standardized testing required to be eligible for scholarships?
- Is there a minimum test score for admission?
- Does Penn superscore the SAT and the ACT?
- Where can I find information about the interview process?
- What is the purpose of the alumni interview?
- How should I prepare for my interview?
- I have not been contacted for an interview, what should I do?
- I was offered a virtual interview, can I receive an in-person interview instead?
- What should I wear to my interview?
- Do domestic and international students fill out the same application?
- Are international applications reviewed according to nationality or high school location?
- If I am a dual citizen, should I note both citizenships on my application?
- If I have attended high schools both in the United States and internationally, which transcripts do you require?
- If I am in the process of applying for permanent residency status in the United States, how does this affect my application?
- Are international students required to take the TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo English Test?
- If I am applying through the QuestBridge National College Match (NCM), should I indicate that I am applying Early Decision or Regular Decision on the CSS Profile?
- What if I apply to Penn using my QuestBridge Application and do not match to a school, will Penn allow me to apply through the Common App or Coalition Application if I want to update my essays?
- I'd like to have an interview - how do I set that up?
- When are QuestBridge Finalists notified if they are matched with Penn?
- Can international students apply to the University of Pennsylvania through QuestBridge?
- Is there a fee to apply to Penn through QuestBridge, or are fee waivers available?
Members of the United States Armed Forces
- Does Penn participate in the Yellow Ribbon program?
- Does Penn provide application fee waivers for active duty personnel and veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces?
- Does Penn accept Chapter 33 and Chapter 35 veteran benefits?
- How do I apply to Penn as a veteran? Does Penn have certain admission application requirements for veterans?
- How can I, in the application process, share more about the qualifications and previous experiences that would make me a good fit for Penn?
- Will Penn accept letters of recommendation from a supervisor?